[pct-l] San Diego to Campo

  I need some help with bus routes in San Diego.  I
arrive at San Diego Airport Tuesday at about 9am.
Maps of the airport show city bus stops around the
airport and a regular service to downtown.  I think I
eventually want to take route 888 from El Cajon to
Cameron/Campo (as the junction is indicated on the
route map).  How far away from Campo is this junction?
 I could hitch if I had to but don't mind walking if
not more than a few miles (I think I actually did walk
this 30 years ago as part of the "temporary" PCT).
Any suggestions on what routes to follow to El Cajon.
Route 888 would get me to Cameron/Campo at 2:30 in the
afternoon which is why I prefer it to 894 which
doesn't get to Campo until after 5 pm but if I have to
walk a ways then there is no advantage.  I would like
to get a number of miles up the trail before dark at
7:30 pm.  30 years ago, I hitched from I-8 to Campo
with a border patrol agent.  It was quite mellow back
then, but now it sounds like a war zone.
  Any suggestions are warmly appreciated.

Alan (in Anchorage, Alaska where the weather is
gorgeous right now and better than the weather in
Campo, if you can believe that; who says global
warming is a bad thing?!)