[pct-l] Water Caches?????????

Donna Smith said, "...we cache our own water in areas where there is not a natural water source."

I have cached water  in the past also - usually didn't label it though, but rather hid it well and away
from the trail (if I was on a trail)...  Caching water or food for longer trips used to be standard practice
'way back when', especially so for water in arid regions.  I also used to cache food in the Sierra
for longer trips (back in the late 60's and early 70's) - before the bears became a 'problem' (actually
the problem = humans in the bears' environment!) - not positive, but food caching may no longer
be 'legal', at least in SeKi and Yosemite (?).

Happy trails!!!