[pct-l] June hike

Depending on how comfortable you are with mosquitoes, you might consider hiking in Washington.  One gorgeous section could be Snoqualmie Pass to the border. It is, roughly, in your distance range.  You would hit snow, but it should be manageable.  Bugs will be the bigger issue, I think.  Another option, with (probably) less snow, but also less scenic, would be to hike from Cascade Locks south to Sisters, which is about 165 miles.  Or, for even less snow, you could try hiking north from Cascade Locks up to Snoqualmie Pass. This is the least scenic of the three options, although you do get the fantastic Goat Rocks, but also probably has the least snow (except for the Goat Rocks and the Chinook Pass area.

Suge

Christopher Willett
cwillett@pierce.ctc.edu
www.pierce.ctc.edu/faculty/cwillett