[pct-l] Thoughts on the ADZPCTKO thread

>Even the clumping effect would seem to have little
>overall effect; what's the difference whether 100 people hike by on
>one day vs. 10 per day for 10 days vs. 1 per day for 100 days--as long
>as they're all observing LNT methods?

Another writer has already written about the impacts of a hundred or so
hikers camping in the same area -- more damage to the area due to
multiple campsites concentrated in a few areas.

Then there is the question of the experience -- does one want to be part
of a group of 100 or so moving along the PCT which would probably (IMO)
change the experience from a solitary or few experience into being part
of a crowd.

If I hike any part of the PCT, I'll try to avoid the mob coming thru.

John