[pct-l] Thoughts on the ADZPCTKO thread

----- Original Message -----
> Yawn

Well, as near as I can make out, Donna is worried that the
ADZPCTKO is causing problems by bunching up thru-hikers
in greater concentrations than they otherwise would be. She'd
like to see these problems discussed and, if possible, solved.

As near as I can make out, Greg is saying that, problems or
not, the people who plan and execute the ADZPCTKO have
an inherent right to plan it and execute it as they see best. He
seems to believe that this PCT-L discussion is a futile exercise.

As near as I can make out, Donna's intentions are absolutely pure
and Greg is absolutley correct. The correct forum for Donna to
air her concerns would be to take them to the ADZPCTKO
planners, since they are the only ones empowered to consider her
concerns or to act on them.

If the planners had decided to get input from PCT-L, then this
process would have some meaning. It still might have meaning,
but only when it becomes a coherent argument for specific actions
and is brought before the correct people - the ADZPCTKO
planners, who may or may not choose to adopt them.

Of course, it's perfectly OK to vent our opinions. So long as we
don't deceive ourselves about this being just a gabfest, in the
absence of participation and interest by the people who matter.

Just my $0.02