[pct-l] Why I Boycotted the ADZPCTKO . . .

I wrote this yesterday, but somehow I sense it's not being heard:

>It's funny how things get misconstrued.  We have not (yet) reached capacity at Hiker
>Heaven, we're not (yet) even near being overburdened, and truthfully, this is not
>about us or what we do.

>I believe there's a bigger picture here, and it's the consideration of all of the
>ramifications of an ever-increasing number of hikers starting near simultaneously
>from Campo.  It affects everything -- water caches/sources, hosts, small towns,
>the PCT thru-hiking experience, and some have said even the environment itself.

We'll buy or lease the land next door to us to get more space if we have to (in fact, we're planning on adding onto our house to make a better hiker palace in near future -- including the HOT TUB!!!).  I'll never turn a hiker away unless I'm too sick or too old to be a good host.  We handled 50+ last year, and didn't feel like we were at or near our limit.

-=Donna Saufley=-