[pct-l] Early Kickoff ideas

Here's more to add to my idea for an early kickoff.
I'm talking early.  In the winter.  In the mountains, with snow around.
At a scout camp or YMCA camp with bunkhouse type facilities and big
indoor gathering areas for talks and demos and celebrations.
Also a steep snow slope nearby where an ice-ax self arrest class can be
conducted and people can practice.  This could save a life.
Let's persuade Jon Vonhof to give his excellent foot care lecture which
was such a highlight of ALDHA-West last fall.
Vendors could sell more gear, as the thrus wouldn't have all their gear
yet, and could even take orders for gear they could make and deliver
before the hiking season starts.
Two more cents.
llamalady