[pct-l] Yowee!!!

Jeffrey,

    You are a good writer and philosipher. Perhaps as you hike along and
muse on the meanings of life, your life, the universe, and all that; you
can collect your thoughts and write a book on your inner journey as you
do your outer journey.

    I envy you and all those who detach themselves from the routine
existence of life in civilization and do a very long hike. At this point
in my life I do not have the courage or desire to face the trail. Nor do
I have the desire I once did to head out for a week or a few days. I
don't know where the desire went or what happened to it. Part of my fear
is facing my own emotions away from my emotional support system. Could I
survive? Would I survive?

    I've done several week-long solo trips along the JMT. Back then I
was carrying a heavy pack. Maybe the weight wore me down. But I have
other emotional weight which I carry.

John