[pct-l] (no subject)

As for a suggestion to use the USFS system, this is a very bad idea
unless
you are literally dying. There are large penalties for using an
unauthorized
frequency.

AsABat

Isn't knowledge of emergency frequencies part of the radio license
testing? If my old and moldy memories serve me, there are
frequencies/channels on just about every band designated as emergency
channels, although I've heard the one used by the HAM bands is abused
somewhat.  If you have a radio capable of transmitting on a USFS
frequency, you'll probably have/will need a license. Once again, your Y
chromosomes notwithstanding, when all else fails, read the directions!