[pct-l] Fishin' the JMT

EEE HAAAHHH!
Thousand Islands Lake was great. Got there in early July, late, late
afternoon with gear maintenance to attend to, so the two I caught in
last light in about 15 minutes were still skinny from the winter, but
lots of fun. At the outflow under the dam.
I sometimes pack a short flyrod, glad I did for that trip. Lots of
little lakes between Devil's Postpile and Tuolumne, not to mention
Lyell Fork - fly fishing heaven. All I needed was a regular license,
with the normal limits. Farther south, Duck Lake looked good, although
I didn't stop. Johnston Lake is a few miles north of the Monument,
small and might have been active, but I passed through at the wrong
time of day for fishing, right time of day to become a moving mosquito
buffet. Shadow Lake is deep in a valley, fairly wooded and steep -
might be spin-casting territory unless you're really good with a flyrod
roll cast. Garnet Lake is also pretty, but Thousand Island has it all.
I could happily spend weeks looking for lunkers there.

Rick