From: "AsABat" <AsABat@4Jeffrey.Net>
To: "'George Mendonsa'" <mendonsa@pacbell.net>;
<pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2005 7:19 PM
Subject: RE: [pct-l] What churches are near the PCT?

I've visited a couple churches within a mile of the trail in Section A that
are visible on the maps in the guidebook:

Our Lady of the Pines is on Map A7 just north on the Mt. Laguna School, just
south and across the street from Burnt Rancheria Campground. Sunday Mass is
12:30.

One of my favorites is St. Francis in Warner Springs. It is shown on Map
A14: heading north on the highway past the post office, the highway curves
west. At that point (elevation 3104) a very short dirt road heads up
northwest to the church shown on the map. I think Mass is at 11:30 on
Sundays. It is very tiny, holding about 50 people, with thick adobe walls
built around the 1850s as I recall.

The church in Warner Springs is a "mission" of Mission Santa Ysabel, which
is about 14 miles south of Warner Springs and 8 miles west of Julian.

A list of all Catholic churches by city, with schedules, is at
www.masstimes.org .

God bless,
AsABat