[pct-l] thru-hiking with dogs.

I'd say PLEASE check the archives of the PCT-L and
read up on this topic that has been discussed a great
deal in the past.

My only first-hand experience with dogs on the trail
were a few in 2004, two of which dropped out early,
and the third of which was subject to about 2000+
miles of what could only be termed animal cruelty. The
few times I saw the poor thing it was immobile on the
ground on a "day off" trying to get well enough to be
dragged another 30 miles up the trail tomorrow. It was
terrible to see.

I know some dogs can make it, but I also know that
they are pack animals that will follow their alpha,
regardless. That can lead to some seriously bad
situations.

I can't see a Husky with 25 pounds (yikes!) (i.e. what
I carried as a 200 pound man in 2004) in the Mojave
Desert doing well at all.