[pct-l] April 1 Snow Prediction

Scott wrote:

"If these folks average 11 miles a day that puts them at Kennedy
Meadow in the last week of June. Which is good."

The problem with this is water - because of the distance between water
sources, unless you want to carry two or more gallons of water each day, you
often have to do 20+ mile days on the PCT, even when there is no desire to
do so.

We started a week before the ADZPCTKO and intended to go slow so that we
wouldn't reach KM too soon.  We took lots of time off in town, and still
reached KM on June 2.  Water was the main determinant of our mileage.  Even
though I sprained my ankle and Jim broke his toe, we still kept up a pace of
at least 15 mpd - and after my ankle healed, usually over 20.  It is fine to
plan to go slow, but in reality it is very hard to do unless you spend a lot
of time off in town.

Ginny

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/