[pct-l] PCT '04 DVD

Hi -

I've ended up making more copies of this DVD than I thought I would, so I'd
like to offer it to those on this list who might be interested. I can
probably do about 30 or so requests (in addition to the 200+ going out to
the '04ers already), so that should accomodate everyone here who'd like one.
I'd need your mailing address by no later than this coming weekend, and it
will be shipped soon after. I'll also have perhaps 50 at the kickoff, many
of which I'd like to save for the '04 crowd that I hadn't sent to yet. For
those unfamiliar with the project, here's the description that comes with
the DVD:

Pacific Crest Trail ? 2004
Total Running Time: 72 minutes

1. Southern CA  (19:00)      DVD?ROM:
2. Central CA  (17:08)          ? Extended Compilation
3. Northern CA  (7:37)           (High Resolution  JPEG Images)
4. Oregon  (9:00)
5. Washington  (13:40)
6. Closing Credits (2:32)
7. The Kickoff  (2:30)
8. The Exit  (1:03)

This presentation was compiled with the primary purpose of representing as
much as possible the 2004 northbound long-distance hiking season. The
photography comes from the contributions of about 40 different people who
hiked either part or all of the trail in 2004.  The DVD-ROM portion contains
an extended 2004 south to north compilation, with about 1,470 photos, or
nearly double the amount contained in the main program. It is best viewed as
a slide show format arranged by title on the computer.

My intention is for this disk to be as accessible as possible to anyone who
desires to see it, so duplication and sharing with others is encouraged.
However, for a variety of reasons, please do not use the material for any
commercial oriented purpose without the consent of the originating
photographer. This is a private-use creation and I have no intention of
selling it. I can be contacted at weathercarrot@hotmail.com if you'd like to
be in touch with any of the contributors, or if you have any general
feedback.

Editing was done with Apple's iMovie, and burned onto disk with iDVD.
Panning and zooming was done through Photo to Movie by LQ Graphics. I used
Audacity, a free audio editing program, to edit the soundtrack, and
Photoshop to create the credits. I would suggest watching with stereo sound,
if available. The disk may have trouble playing in some DVD players,
especially older models. If so, try it in another player.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this project happen. Enjoy!

- Weathercarrot

So there you have it. If you're interested, don't be shy. Take care,

wc