[pct-l] pack rain cover and pedicure recommendations?

can anyone recommend a good ultralight pack rain cover- the silnylon
kind w/ elastic around the edge? i've seen many on the web that all look
about the same to me, just wondering if anyone has a particular
make/model to recommend? i've got a gossamer g4 pack, hope to be topping
out at 25-30 lbs (full load).

also, i asked this before but got no response- i'd like to get a
pedicure before my hike, but am not sure if i'm likely to get a
worthwhile hiker-oriented pedicure at your typical nail salon...? does
anyone have any suggestions on this, or better yet- can anyone suggest a
particular place to go in san diego?

thanks!
pea