[pct-l] perseids at Crater Lake

Here is an excerpt from our Aug. 11, 2004, trail journal at www.trailjournals.com/sisu

"I got up early in the AM to take a leak and as I stumbled back to my bag, I noticed a swath of moonlight reflected off the water, broken by the nearly perfect cinder cone of Wizard Island. I settled next to Sisu and stared at the stars. Within a minute or two, I saw 6 shooting stars from the perseid meteor shower. Most were sparkler streaks.   The last was bright and flashed across my entire viewing range. It left a long contrail that dissipated like fairy dust."