[pct-l] Thru Hiker Mentality

To be able to settle down into a comfortable enough space for long
enough to move from one campsite to the next, for five months, one day
to the next in clear memory - this is almost as awesome as hiking for
five months.  To remember and cherish each moment as it unfolds itself ,
the moment dominating, to remember...

What is it about a long hike, thru or section, that lends itself to the
depth of remembering that Greg or Deems experienced?

I hope that other list members caught the depth that appeared in this
thread.  This is about making a full life.  I would venture that most of
us are in awe of  the possibility of remembering five months of days.  I
took what I read today and framed my day to day life within it.  I
couldn't reconcile remembering five months with my last five months.
Not at the level of detail suggested by Greg and Deems is possible.

I simply wasn't  present within my own life.

Every one that reads this in some degree feels what I mean.  One of the
great unsung realities living presents is the ease we are offered to be
blind and dull.  I spend many of my days blind and dull.  I spend many
of the moments in my days blind and dull.
How do we build a life in which every day is unique enough to remember?

I'm in awe...

I don't know how to do this.  Or better, when I'm faced with this
possibility, such as t his thread has done, I'm challenged.
At 52years old I can learn from a 20 year old.  There are no rules...

Jeff....