From: "Mike Saenz" <msaenz@mve-architects.com>
To: <maurer@earthlink.net>; <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:32 AM
Subject: RE: [BULK] - [pct-l] Cutting a Fuller Ridge trail

I'd check with the Ranger station in Idyllwild before tying any colored
strips to trees...
Personally, I'd rather you not do this. Blazes are already cut into the
trees indicating where the trails are. And these already draw your eye
while hiking. Colored strips would be sort of an unnatural intrusion.
But that's just my personal opinion. The Rangers may have policy or
regulation issues with it.

On a side note: I just flew over San Jacinto Peak yesterday on my way
back from Phoenix.
There's snow on Fuller Ridge, but the level is rising...
Same for Apache Peak, though Spitler Peak looked green. San Jac's snow
coverage is still pretty solid, but the snow gets spotty around 7k.
By the 1st half of May, when the herd gets to San Jac, the coverage may
be down to just patches. It's been getting warmer each day since the
last heavy rain.

-Oilcan

Michael Saenz, Associate Partner
McLarand    Vasquez    Emsiek   &   Partners,   Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e  |  P l a n n i n g  |  I n t e r i o r s
MVE       MVE    Institutional       MVP    International
w  w  w   .   m  v  e   -   a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s   .   c  o m