[pct-l] RE: Echo Lake Resort to Beldon CA

I have parked many times in the parking lot 100 yards up the hill from Echo
Lake Resort without any problems, and I don't remember seeing much evidence
of break-ins such as broken glass.  I wouldn't park next to the resort for
any length of time though.  Also, the upper parking lot fills up by 9-10AM
in the summer on the weekend, so I would get there early or on a weekday.  I
hike a lot in this area and personally I would try to park as far away from
hwy 50 as you can get.  There are literally thousands of people going up hwy
50 to Lake Tahoe from Sacramento and the San Francisco Bay area every day
and there have been break-ins along that corridor.

John Coyle
Sacramento