[pct-l] Old National Geographic Mags for great Retro Info!!

I went to  a few Olympia used book stores today and located a few great
older NG mags . I got another June 1971 copy which is the one with the cover
story on the PCT and a very nice 1954 copy all about the Sierras in which
all the hikers have a " Sierra Cups" banging away at their hip as they walk.
The pictures are quite awesome.
   This weekend is the annual PCT dinner and meeting in Portland in which I
will be heading up a panel of hikers on foul weather gear , war storys, etc.
I will be using a few pics from the " 1977" trip of death across the Sierras
showing a bunch of Charlie Manson looking hikers with 70 lb. packs fighting
their way up Forester Pass in a snow storm!! ( Thanks  San Diago Truckers
for photo!!) plus a few weather shots from the past also with current shots
from more resent hikes of Yogi, Suge, Bandana.
   Come Sat. to double tree Inn and see.!! I plan to give the 1971 NG Mag
.away as a door prize along with a " Highly Valuable" picture of me from
1977 pointing at a sign along the PCT which is suitable for framing and
autographed by yours truely. Don't miss out!!!! Come to Portland as I retell
horrifing war stories of snow and ice storms and show the frozen faces of
thoughs who endeared the worst spring storm in 50 years!!