[pct-l] VVR or not?

I definitely understand that running the business up
there is not a huge money-making venture. I didn't
mean to imply that the general costs were WAY too
high, just that the value, when combined with the
feeling of money-grubbing, reselling hiker food, and
rudeness, didn't seem too good. I wasn't counting
pennies on my trip, but I also spent about $110 in 24
hours there, between dinner, breakfast, some beer, the
ferry, and a package pickup.

But it's not the money, it's the vibe. It's like -
after breakfast, when the staff lead was yelling at
the waitress, and the food is bad, and you go to pay
and the head lady there asks "Did you have orange
juice?" when the only thing on my bill is an omelette
and coffee, and I say "No" since I didn't, and she
looks at me and says "Are you sure you didn't have any
orange juice?" and I'm thinking, C'mon now - I know
you want more money from me, but really now.

They are obviously free to charge what they want, and
you don't have to pay it - but I do agree that
reselling food from THIS YEAR'S (not last) hiker box
is basically fraud and uncool (and which definitely
happened). Reselling LAST year's vs. carrying it out
via car as garbage is different.

When folks talk about how it's been in the past, I can
understand. Like I said, I had good friends who had
been there in previous years and thought it was great,
and thought it was really bad in 2004.

There were plenty of other little things too. When one
of the staff's spouses sat around the campfire drunk
speaking VERY pejoratively about blacks and Jews
(using rather more colorful terms). And on and on.
Everyone had a few stories.

If I had 2004 to redo, I'd take the ferry there and
back, I'd stay one night (for free), I'd maybe have
one  meal there (dinner or cook my own food), I'd buy
a six pack of beer (not the draft on tap), and I'd sit
on the beach in the sun alot. But I wouldn't go there
again - that's my experience.