[pct-l] Eric Ryback

I did say his book is still on my shelf; he was  obviously a tough kid (I
only started out with 60 pounds on Mt Katahdin in 1979,  now down to about 45
with 10 days food and a quart of water.). Many of us have  our youthful and not
so youthful indiscretions.
    If he kept his fund customers out of the market  crash of a few years
ago, even just partly, then he's one fund manager in  thousands; most of them
have "hiked" blithely on, ignoring all the billions of  lost $, ruined
retirements, and even ruined lives in their wake. Caveat emptor  comes to mind -
regarding books, investment advisors, and heavy packs;  as Ground Pounder says, "Be
prepared.".

Bob "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen
(Naturalized Citizen, Republic of  Texas)