[pct-l] Leaving for the PCT

Before leaving for the trail Wednesday, I want to  thank everyone on the list
for all the info you have provided me over  the last two years about hiking
the PCT, especially the  maintainers, trail angles and the writers of the guide
and data  books.

Monday will be my first day of retirement and I'm ready to get outdoors  full
time.  Friends have been volunteered to maintain my 3 mile section of  the AT
and our grown-up kids will check on their mom and my wonderful  wife of 37
years.  It would be a perfect trip if she could join me but an  ACL injury took
this sport off her list.  Other friends have volunteered to  take care of all
my other sports gear (and my wife) if I don't make  it back, so what more
could I ask for!!

After helping several trail angles put out water during the week, I intend
being on the trail by the weekend.  Another hiker and trail angel will  provide
shuttle back to the Kick-Off, where I hope to meet and personally thank  you
for all those email responses.  Thanks Again!!

Jackalope (Jim Tennant - Central  VA)