[pct-l] Silly Questions?

Hi Aloha! Ann

1.  Any thoughts or opinions on going into Cabazon
after having gone
into Idylwild?  Worth the trip to cut the weight
carried across Fuller
Ridge and to Big Bear City?

1 Idyllwild to Big Bear City is a typical town to town
thru hike segment. The I-8 area is not much fun. I
would pass through it (unless a trail magic ride
appeared) and stay on the trail.

2.  The side trip to Mt Whitney is a must.  Knowing
that... do you make
a trip into Independence or Bishop or carry it all to
VVR?  If you make
the trip, which town?

2.  Lots of hikers break up this part of the hike by
going into Independence then the taking the bus to
Bishop. It is as much as a 10 to 14 day hike straight
thru from Kennedy Meadows to VVR.

3.  Zero in VVR or Mammouth Lakes or both?

3.  VVR will cost you $100 or more and is optional if
you have laid over at Independence / Bishop. I would
skip VVR and spend my $100 or more in Mammoth Lakes.

4.  If you had it to do over again, would you make the
effort to get to
Yosemite's Valley floor?

4.  Been there and it is worth doing it again. Can be
a bit tricky to hitch into and out of tho.

5.  Do/did you make the trip to Tahoe "just because
you could",
"BUFFETS!", or the  possibilty of winning enough to
pay for the trip?  Or do
you even bother to go?

5. At Echo Lake Resort you can call the South Shore
Inn for a ride. South Tahoe is not especially hiker
friendly and I would not go again unless I had gear or
medical issues to deal with. If you can time your
arrival to Echo Lake to a Sat. or Sun. you can go ¼
mile south on the paved road from Echo Lake Resort to
the Berkley Youth Camp where for a very reasonable fee
can get a bunk, wash clothes, eat well, shower and
soak in a very nice hot tub.

6.  What's your number one absolute "Do Not Miss"
point on the trail?
One only please.

6. The High Pass part of the Glacier re-route in
Washington State.

Chance
PCT ?03 & ?04
http://www.seedwiki.com/wiki/pct_open_trail_directory/