[pct-l] GORP Recipes

I was wondering what everyone was bringing on the trail this hiking season.
My world famous recipe for the 2005 hiking season is:
1.  Gardetto's original recipe snack mix
2.  organic salted cashews
3.  organic salted almonds
4.  M&M peanut candy
5.  Wild Oats mini chocolate chip cookies
6.  Wild Oats mini peanut butter cookies

The proportions are up to you, but my main ingredient is the snack mix.  I
try for a balance of salt and sweets.  Straight forward and simple recipes seem
to work better.

Other options are:
1.  Oreo mini cookies
2.  pine nuts
3.  dried fruits

The big thing is you want an explosion of flavor on the trail.  Another thing
many hikers overlook is the "cherry picking" problem.  For new hikers this is
the habit of picking out your favorite pieces of GORP and eating only them.
You end up paying for this little habit later.  When you make up your own
recipe, you have to carefully consider overall taste, nutrition, and equal
eatability.

Another overlooked thing is heat.  It will melt many things that look good in
the store, but are a mess on the trail.  That is why I use M&M peanut candy
and mini chocolate chip cookies.  Yes, the chocolate will soften, but not a big
problem in the mini cookies.

Anyway, hope you have super recipes that will work great on the trail and you
can share with us.  Thanks, Switchback.