From: AaronM1362@aol.com
Sent: Mar 27, 2005 8:16 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] New to PCT

Greetings all:

I am new to PCT, but I do enjoy hiking and backpacking.  As a 43 year old, I
walk about a mile a day, my blood pressure is 110/70, heart rate 60, so I am
in good health.

A work buddy and I are considering PCT, starting near Seattle and hiking
south all the way to San Diego County.  I have a few questions, any answers you
experienced hikers could give me would be appreciated:

1.  How much time shall we allot for this trip?  I am guessing one month, is
that about right?

2.  Are there any towns along the trail where we can refuel water and food
supply (or other supplies)?

3.  What time of the year is best in terms of mild weather?  I don't mind a
little rain now and then.

4.  Any severe hazards I should be aware of?

Thanks and happy trails, maybe we will see you on the trail.

Aaron