[pct-l] Subjective Evaluation: Lotsa Sierra Snow

	I spent part of last weekend in Keeler, CA (near Lone Pine).
The view of the southern Sierra was spectacular.  The snow was visible
way down below the second switchback on the Horsheshoe Meadow road,
and it looked really, really thick on the tops of the peaks.  The
snowpack looked heavier than I can recall it looking in late March in
years.

	There was more water on the west side of Owens Lake than there
has been in years (and I'm not talking about the DWP's shallow
flooding projects on the north and east sides of the lake).  Several
of the springs at the edge of the lake appeared to be flowing stronger
than usual (judging by vegitation and dirt patterns).

	The wildflowers in the desert this year are spectacular.  Many
lof the desert peaks from Red Mountain to the Panamints and east to
the Sierra) look positively green with grass and shrubbery.

	I know "really, really thick" maybe isn't as precise as some
people on this list prefer to speak of snow levels, but my subjective
evaluation is that this year will present a more difficult Sierra
crossing than it has been in recent years.

					Craig "Computer" Rogers