[pct-l] Mojave - Aqua Dulce SECT E Wild Flower HIke

Hiked the 108 miles of the Mojave Desert this week.  It was a lot more diverse than I thought.  Lots of timber and elevation gain and TONS of wildflowers along with monotonous stretches of chaparral tunnels and  aqueduct hiking.  MUCH better hike than I thought, I learned a lot, took lots of WF picts and a perfect time of year to plan it.

HIGHLIGHTS:

   Snowed on my in the Tehachapi's and there still is patches of 2 ft plus ice.
   Water every few miles in places where there has not been a stream in decades - reminded me of the cascades.  Will Email asabat!
   Surprised that this the abundance of H20 was not in the Tehachapi's-  might be that it was just beginning to thaw on top.
   Most BORING Aqueduct on the planet
   Hospitality at both HIKERTOWN and also with Donna and Jeff --- THANK YOU!
   Lot of trail work needs to be done
   In the Leibere Mt there was a fire and NOW tons of tread damage --- one 45 across and 100 ft down section that is barely impassable.  With dozens of 6-8ft crossings that are also very dangerous and impassable for stock.  The trail turned into a CREEK so VERY rough and eroded many places.  Will EMAIL pickaxe and forest service!
   Dozens of downed trees in the Tehachapi's because of the over abundance of heavy snow.
   I can not imagine there being a WATER problem like the last few years.  But it might dry out VERY quick.
   Met two hikers in the Tehachipi's and then Cloudrunner and BillyGoat at Hikertown- which is gearing up for the herd this year.
   Wonderful hospitality at Hiker Heaven and they even volunteered to take me back up to my car in Mojave.  THANKYOU

Learning a lot and getting in SHAPE for the kickoff!

Shutterbugg

pavement is violent
dsphotos.com