[pct-l] Water Filter Recommendation Needed

TWolfe wrote:

I am planning to hike the JMT this year.  The one piece of backpacking
gear that I have been unhappy with is my water filter, I currently use a
MSR water filter.  My biggest complaints are the weight and slow output
rate.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks!

If you still want to use a traditional filter, the Katadyn (former Pur)
Hiker is a good popular choice.  Fairly lightweight, very good output -
the only drawback is that the filter is not field-cleanable.  Once it's
clogged, you must replace it.

Other options would be in-line or water bottle filters, chemical
treatment, or if you're up high on the JMT, you might just forget
treatment and drink straight (choose your sources wisely).

Eric