[pct-l] help

RSS stands for Really Simply Syndication (yes, they have finally decided
that something is simple). It's a way to get news feeds from websites so
that you don't have to go to their site all the time to see if there is
anything new. These are especially cool with actual news, because you
can sign up for a feed from the New York Times that searches once a day
for the term, "Pacific Crest Trail" for instance. That way, if ever
there is news on the PCT, it will come to you - automatically. It's
pretty cool really. You can do these for whatever interests you, be it
sewing or the elusive black widow spider (probably).

Anyway, to set these up, first a site needs to have RSS set up (which
carl has done). Second, you need something to receive the feed. I use
Thunderbird from Mozilla, and it works like a charm. Basically, all you
do is plug in the site for the feed (which carl gave below), and the
news will come flying in as often as you tell it to.

-mike

www.aidshike.org
 -510.547.4299-