[pct-l] titanium tent stakes

>> Where can one get the titanium tent stakes on line, or
>> long distance, Im in Colorado. I've had some yr ago and
>> they are sturdy, generally dont bend.

Which is why I, er, hazarded the question, still
unanswered... for $1 one might expect the stakes are of an
inferior alloy, thus might bend if given the ol' iron man
hand test. High quality ti stakes in the same weight class
as aluminum are typically unresponsive to the bend test. You
can hammer these guys with impunity into desert hardpan
using rocks, which to my way of thinking is the more
important Ti advantage than weight savings. Lots of
frustrating hardpan camping to be found along the California
PCT.

- bf