[pct-l] osprey aether - anyone like this pack

I used an Aether 60 on my 2003 thru-hike and was pretty happy with
the results.  It was quite comfortable to wear and survived the trip
without any major damage.  For me, the maximum comfortable load was
around 35 lbs.  Anything over 40 lbs was pretty uncomfortable.
Luckily, I only had to endure that kind of load temporarily during a
few long waterless stretches.  For reference, my base weight ranged
from 18 to 20 lbs.

I was able to pack 5-6 days worth of food in the pack with no
problem.  Anything over 6 days was a challenge ... but only for a
day. :)

On a side note, the folks at Osprey are really pretty helpful.  I had
them custom-size my hipbelt before I left.  They were able to turn
around the modification quickly and with minimal cost.

Also, those straps on the back work great for drying wet clothes
while you hike.

- Teflon