[pct-l] Like a duck . . .

Eric,

Yep, 1983 was a whopper year.  The snow survey charts for the Sierra
(_http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/current/PlotSWC_
(http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/current/PlotSWC) )  use 1982-83 for the "Wet" year for reference and
1976-77 or the "Dry" year  reference.  At the moment, northern and central Sierra
snow accumulations  are crossing the "average" April 1 snow content curve.
The Southern Sierra  continues to track about 125 - 130% of average.  This
latest storm coming  in may/will change things.  Where is that fat lady and who is
she?

Greg

Eric writes:

This  snow accumulation has happened many times before in the Sierra.
I being an  old timer to California cite 1998, 1995, and 1983.  As I posted
once  before, in 1983 they had to blast tunnels through the snow in order for
the  chair lifts to take the skiers up.  If you ever stop at the White  Stag
Inn
in Mammoth, ask to see the pictures of it they are quite  interesting.  E.Y.