[pct-l] more bad parodies and ready-made ear worms

Tune:  "She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes"
Only six hundred miles more to go.
Only six hundred miles more to go.
And if we all get lucky, we'll wind up in Kentucky
Only six hundred miles more to go.

We used this song to torture boy scouts on hikes who were whining, "how
much further?"  Ray doesn't know where he learned this.  Could have been
in the 40's in Scouting or in the 50's in the military.

Maybe it fits the AT better, but I have had it stuck in my head for
hundreds of PCT miles.

Llamas love nothing so much as a good roll in the dirt.  They love to
roll and raise great clouds of dust as soon as 1) you finish grooming
them  or 2) you remove their saddle after a long sweaty day.  One of the
first things you must teach your pack llama is that he is not allowed to
roll while wearing his saddle and packs.  If you pet a llama's back it
raises great clouds of dust and gets your hands all dirty.  The only
person dirtier than a thru hiker is a long distance llama packer.
Don't bother grooming a llama.  It wastes your time and annoys the llama.
The following parody is only a fragment;  it needs some more hiking
miles to get tuned up.
 Tune:  Cat Scratch Fever
Dirtbag llamas  (duh-duh-duh)  (electric guitar riff)
Dirtbag llamas (duh-duh-duh-duh)
(repeat)
We all roll in the dirt
As often as we can
we love to get all filthy,
'cause we are llamas, man......

My favorite trail song parody is the one contributed to the list last
year about Bear Cans, to the tune of "Carry that Weight."

llamalady