[pct-l] tunes

--- larry hillberg <walkinglarry@yahoo.com> wrote:
> As a community radio dj, I know and have played some
> of this music, but Teatro is new to me.  I guess I
> need to buy a copy.  (Being a dj is expensive!)  You
> made a great list.

It is a classic; a companion piece to Emmylou Harris'
WRECKING BALL (also produced by Lanois at the same
time). As Harris does backing vocals for many of the
tracks on TEATRO, the two albums go together well.
(WRECKING BALL is one of my favorite albums)

Community Radio DJ?  I am having visions of "Chris in
the morning" from Northern Exposure. As it is my
favorite show of all time, that is a good vision! :)

> The next time I give a talk, it will be preceded by
> "The Goddamn Blessed Road" by Chuck Brodsky, a great
> song of life and the kindness of strangers.

Hmm..one I haven't heard of. Thanks for the tip!

Have to look it up at www.allmusic.com (a great
resource for learning anything about just about any
artist!)

> The song that took me from Seiad Valley to the Goat
> Rocks - On the Road Again with Willie Nelson.  It
> persisted for weeks, a concept not new to thru
> hikers.

I had ***BON JOVI*** stuck in my head throug ha good
chunk of the desert section. A woman I hiked with for
a week was telling me about how her and her friends
rented a limo to go see a Bon Jovi concert. Egads!
Having YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME stuck on my head,
while wandering in the desert, is some cruel form of
torture!

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com