[pct-l] tunes

I don't listen to music while I hike but here are some
suggestions for those who do:

For the old-school hiker:  "Dirty Boots"  Sonic Youth
(Goo)

To prepare for hitchhiking with the person who can't
figure out what the "C" means in PCT:   Pacific Coast
Highway  Sonic Youth (Sister)

For those who forget their ice-axe:  "Break My Body"
Pixies (Surfa Rosa)

For those rare moments of sun in Oregon: "Hits of
Sunshine" Sonic Youth (A Thousand Leaves)

For Pre-Van Hagar fans: "Happy Trails" Van Halen
(Diver Down)

For those who use their arms when falling on hills
used heavily by  horses (Yosemite):  "Fracture" Ned's
Atomic Dustbin  (Are You Normal?)

Anywhere, but particularly when approaching Canada:
"Looking for a place to happen"  The Tragically Hip
(Fully Completely)

After a few hundred miles:  "Come A Long Way" Michelle
Shocked (Arkansas Traveler)  [OK, it's about a
motorcycle trip but it's still a good song]

Jeff