[pct-l] packrafts!

Isn't this ultralight hiking world just beautiful? Check out the newest
Backpacker, or better yet, visit this site

   http://www.alpackaraft.com/Site/Index

We're talking whitewater vessels that weigh 4 lbs! With the other needed
items (inflation bag, paddles, lifevest, repair kit, dry bag) it looks like
about a 6 or 7 lb total gear load. Conceivably, you could easily pack these
on a thru hike of the Sierras and exit by way of any of the interior rivers:
San Joaquin, King, and the upper reaches of the American and Stanislaus. I
am not sure if I would have the guts to run the hydraulics on the lower
stretches. Wow.... so many toys, so little time.