[pct-l] Books for tent reading

In addition to the excellent suggestions that Mike offered, I would add;

Desert Solitare by Edward Abbey
The Thousand Mile Summer by Colin Fletcher
The Art of Pilgrimage by Phil Cousineau
Pacific Crest Trails by Joseph T. Hazard (if you can find a copy!)
Adventures In The Unknown Interior of America by Cabeza de Vaca
River: One Man's Journey Down the Colorado, Source to Sea by Colin Fletcher

Each one of these I have read more than once.  The Art of Pilgramage has THE
best collection of walking, hiking, seeking quotes that I have ever seen in
one place.

Have fun reading.

Greg Hummel

"I still haven't found what I'm looking for"  (U2)

Terriann writes:
I'm looking for names of books that would be good reading while backpacking.