From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Monte Dodge
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 4:15 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Hike South and Washington Fire Season

Since this is shaping up to be the biggest drought since " 77",, it may
be a
good year to pull a SB hike as Fires and Closures will be ( Could Be)
record
here in Washington in Sept. A SB hike could also help our water stashers

somewhat. ( You can still for to the kick-off, but start hiking June 1st

instead of April 21st. North Bound hikers may be in for a rude awaking
in
Washington even if fires aren't going as a bone dry forest will have
everyone locked out. We in Wash. are already getting the " Gloom/Doom"
reports nightly from Seattle T.V. stations. ( Even more so than war
reports!!) Monte says,,,"2005 is the year of the Southbound trip""