[pct-l] shoestrings *$^#&@

>>   I'm tired of having them untie themselves so quickly,
>> even when
>> double-knotted.  Have you found a brand or method that
>> works for you?

Consider wearing "shortie" gaiters, which minimize lace
exposure to friction, moisture, and "free bounce," among
other common culprits. Also consider switching to a
different type of shoe lace, as some are far more prone to
working loose than others. At the very least, make sure the
laces are no longer than necessary, as excess length equals
more movement of the laces as you walk or run (I'm calling
it "free bounce").

As a last resort, consider the cincher type lacing systems
that Sly describes. I now use these, mostly because the
Salomon trail runners which work well for me have all
switched to such a lacing system. In the case of Salomon,
the laces store inside a tongue pocket. However, this pocket
makes the tongue a bit bulky for my liking. My preferred
alteration is to cut off the tongue just above the uppermost
cross lacing, and instead store the lace end (a small
plastic "uni-end") by inserting it back through the
lower-most "toe" cross lace, in the direction of the toe.
There is stays put, with or without the use of gaiters.

- blisterfree