[pct-l] Was Cascade snow depth, now PCT telepathic dog

Nathan,
I didn't go out shopping for a telepathic puppy or anything.  I just picked
out the biggest, jolliest pup in a litter of Golden Retrievers and, after a
while, I noticed that he seemed to know what I was thinking and later he let
me know what he was thinking from time to time. I'll tell you a little about
it and you can decide if I'm crazy.

Major likes to lounge in my favorite chair, but always jumps down and
stretches out beside it when I think about sitting in it. I don't have to
say anything or betray my intention in any way.  He is not real talkative
telepathically speaking.  He sometimes simply alerts me to something unusual
ahead on the trail. The first time he encountered horses on the trail, long
before I could see or hear them, Major stopped, looked at me and said, "What
the f***?"  (I've tried to talk to him about profanity, but he just doesn't
seem to get it.)  Sometimes, he just says "Be ready!" and then I see
something I need to be aware of, like an odd character lurking in the bushes
off the trail.  Yesterday, as we were ambling along the Wildwood Trail,
Major saw way up ahead a tall, very pretty young woman walking along with a
big grin, humming a tune and flailing her arms around like a windmill
(stretching I guess).  Major stopped, looked at me, and said "What the
f***?"  As we passed by the young lady said "Beautiful dog!" and after she
was gone Major said "Nice!!!"

My theory is that telepathic dogs are not all that unusual, but they seldom
bother communicating telepathically with humans.  Major figured out early on
that I am hearing impaired, not all that bright and need all the help I can
get.  So he sometimes sends me a little t-mail.  No big deal.

Wayne Kraft