[pct-l] Is a groundcloth really necessary?

My hiking buddy and I are at a disagreement, so I wanted to ask the experts.

We have a Sierra Designs Flashlight Clip CD 2-man tent. We are lacking a footprint for this. Tonight (Friday 3/11) we are headed up for a hike in the Angeles Crest. Saturday night we should end up above the snow-line.

The disagreement is over a groundcloth. Do you think we really need one? Will the snow really melt and seep through our tent through the night? We're both lying on therma-rest 3/4 pads, so we're not directly contacting the surface, but it is just a 70D nylon below that.