[pct-l] FIRE PERMIT REQUIRED_YES

This issue has already been raised with the PCTA and the USFS.  It sure seems
to make sense that when you get a thru-hiker permit from the PCTA that a fire
permit would be included through collaboration with the USFS.    In this way
the USFS can provide all of the fire safety information to all of those
thru-hikers with the fire permit issued through the PCTA.

FYI, a USFS manager (of the John Muir and Ansel Adams Wilderness Areas) will
be attending and speaking at the ADZPCTKO.  He will be addressing bear / food
protection issues, fire safety and anything else that you care to discuss with
him.

Hike on,

Greg

In a message dated 3/9/2005 4:45:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,