[pct-l] What's your trail name? Is there a story behind it?

Sitting around a table at Hiker Heaven several of us introduced  ourselves.
I said my name is Ray?  because it is.  One said, ?Is that  your name or a
trail name?  Do you  follow the Ray Way?? ... The Way of Ray  Jardine.  I
replied, making a  Zen joke, that I didn?t follow the Ray Way; ?I follow the Path
of No Path, the  Way of No Way.?  To which, the  person exclaimed, ?Ah, I see,
you?re ?No Way Ray!??  Although some have  taken it as a negation, as in
"No freakin' way," it is certainly more euphonious  than "Silver Bullet," which
some had been calling me due to the mylar I had  taped to my hat, and,
apparently made me appear as a can of beer to  their desert-crazed eyes.

Ray E