[pct-l] Poison Oak

Poison oak is everywhere -- below about 4000 - 5000' altitude. When
hiking along, I've come across poison oak branches protruding into or
even across the trail. And handy trekking poles to the rescue. -- I can
push and hold the PO aside while I pass by, then at the first
opportunity, I clean off my poles by rubbing the affected areas, usuall
the tips, into loose dirt which will absorb the oil. Has worked so far,
but this is NOT 100% sure.

If there is a stick or branch handy, that would also work. But often at
the time of need there isn't one readily available.

John