[pct-l] Edible Plants of the PCT

Matt,

This is true, but remember that it is not true sumac that causes the
rash,

only poison sumac.  The true shrub actually has some tasty edible parts.

Are you going to be at the ADZPCTKO?  If you are, would you consider
educating those of us interested in finding "tasty edible" plants that
can be found along the trail?  Though I was born in Sweden, I was raised
in So Cal.  I know and avoid both poison oak and poison sumac like the
plague, but I am afraid I would starve to death if I had to live off the
land.  You on the other hand sound like one who could almost march north
from Campo sans food and actually make it to Canada.

Lars Nilsson

Trail Snail