[pct-l] condensation on inside of homemade tarptent

I second what has already been said regarding condensation:
1) Grassy meadows are a GREAT place to camp (until the next morning!) So I
eat supper there then move on to the next ridge.
2) Side-pull-outs can keep the condensation away from my bag.
3) On closed-end tarps (e.g. Go-lite cave) I raise the closed end 6" to get
air moving in and out.
4) but generally I just pack everything up damp or wet in the morning and
dry it out at lunch.

Second Wind

______________________
Hi All,

I had some condensation problems on the inside of my tarptent the
other night.  I was wondering if anyones has come across this problem.
 I had a nylon groundsheet set up underneath but was camped on green
grass, and it was a very humid night where i was (down unda' in the
blue mountains).  Anyways, i woke up in the middle of the night, and
my homemade ghetto tarptent was dripping from the inside, so i had to
put away my nice new down sleeping bag.  I was thinking it could be
that the problem could be solved by 1) not camping on green grass /
and/or 2) spraying my tarptent and groundsheet with waterproofing
spray.  Any thoughts / suggestions ?

Cypress