[pct-l] poison oak

Redwood - you're not the only one who got it right after Campo.
Dewey had it pretty bad the first day after Campo in 2002.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

Randy Forsland <randy_forsland@hotmail.com> wrote:
I may have the record for getting it the quickest. I camped about 12 miles
north of campo the first day out. There was a little wide spot just off the
trail to the left. It was already getting dark as we had left fairly late
from Campo. We cooked dinner and went to bed. the next morning, I noticed
that the rock I had been sitting on while eating dinner was right next to a
big Poison Oak bush. I started breaking out at the kickoff at Lake Moreno.
Luckily, I have built up a bit of an immunity over the years and it seems to
hit me pretty light. It was cleared up by the time I hit Warner Springs.

When I was a kid, I would get it and it would spread to 100% of my body. My
head would swell up and I would look sort of like ET...

Sure glad that those days are over. I ended up getting one more time just
before Aqua Dulce. I saw a lot of it after Sierra City and through the
Beldon Town area but I didn't catch it...

Redwood