[pct-l] poison oak

uh . . . . no I didn't blindly crawl through green brush.  I walked the trail.

However, I did get poison oak sometime before Wrightwood.
We think it must have happened near Cajon Pass.

Then, just before Walker Pass I either got poison oak or something called
"poodle dog bush" ( I think that was the name) which was noted in the guidebook.

Got poison oak again just after Belden.

Again before and after Dunsmuir.

Section "O" is crawling with poison oak.

A friend of mine got it the first or second day after Campo and spent the next month with his back covered with the rash.

Don't knock it if you've never had it.  Some people are naturally lucky to not be affected by poison oak.  Those of us who get the rash have one hell of a time hiking with it.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

Mike Saenz <msaenz@mve-architects.com> wrote:
I can honestly say that I have never caught poison oak. Ever. And I've
crawled through some serious brush walking in creeks fishing...

Elizabeth, poison oak only grows in places where water is relatively
abundant. Between Campo and the Sierras water is scarce enough that not
having any is your major concern. But if you go looking for poison oak
in the wet depths of the ravines and along the banks of the few creeks
and springs along the PCT, you'll see it.

Yogi- I'm betting that you caught poison oak north of Sierras. To
accidentally brush up against it in Southern California, you have to be
crawling through a lot of green brush rather blindly...

M i c h a e l S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e P l a n n i n g I n t e r i o r s
w w w . m v e - a r c h i t e c t s . c o m