[pct-l] Alpine Style Thru-Hiking?

>>I went from south of Mt. Greylock all the
way to Gorham without resupply; isn't that about the
same distance as the entire Long Trail?

Greylock to Gorham would be about 160 miles, vs. the Long
Trail's 270 from end to end. But your point is well taken.
Famous firsts are especially difficult on the AT/LT due to
easy access, popularity, and a long history. However, I tend
to doubt anyone prior to Coup ever did a no-resupply
thru-hike of the Colorado Trail. The speed record types rely
on support teams, and most thru-hikers wouldn't happen upon
an "alpine style" by accident, especially since the CT
passes food services en route from Denver to Durango.

I'd really love to hear whether anyone is capable of
reaching Twin Lakes after 200+ miles of eating exclusively
out of a pack and *not* pop in for a bite at the trailside
restaurant. Now *that* would be a (in)famous first.

- blisterfree